Sunday 29 September 2013

Light painting around Edinburgh

Last week I joined the photography society at the University of Edinburgh and our first project was a night walk around hidden parts of the city, capturing light in interesting forms. We were given an initial briefing, with suggestions about which settings we should be using on our cameras to capture the best shots. This proved invaluable information, as I was able to finally stray away from the safety of 'auto' and try my hand at manual photography... a little bit scary, especially without a tripod. However I actually preferred the slightly more abstract photos, as with a 6 second exposure and the traffic and shop lights of Princes Street, there was a little bit of magic in waiting for the shutter to close.











photography society

2 comments:

  1. PS - I wanted to e-mail you, but I can't find your address! E-mail me? Maryhassound@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete